Sunday, December 30, 2012

Book Review: Wish List by Sylvia Day

Written by: Sylvia Day
Publisher: Sylvia Day
Release Date: 12/2/2005
Source: Purchased
Buy: kobo | amazon | Barnes and Noble

Rating: Not for me, but here's the goodreads link with lots of positive reviews. 

Synopsis: When Nicholas James draws Stephanie Martin’s name in their law firm’s Secret Santa exchange he knows he’s in for a merry Christmas—if he can figure out what to give the woman he’s wanted for months. When he works late and finds a crumpled piece of paper listing Steph’s personal wish list, he knows he’s in luck. Because all Steph wants for Christmas is him, in a number of naughty ways.

And not-so saintly Nick is going to make every one of her carnal wishes come true.


Er, I don't even know where to start. I purchased the ebook wanting a fluffy, sexy story. But I found the very premise a little laughable to say the least. What attorney (truly anyone who works in an office of any size) would write and throw out a wish list of steamy things she wanted to do with the OfficeBadBoy?

I know what you're thinking, umm, Sophie it's not fine literature you purchased. No, it's not but I use the same standard for chick-lit, fantasy, paranormal, my beloved YA as I do for anything (yes, even business correspondence) -- hook me with a believable or semi-believable premise. Unfortunately, I didn't find that here.

I think that this genre, in general, may not be for me. But, hey cute dude on the cover looks rather yummy holding that Santa hat. I'm sure from all the positive reviews on goodreads that Sylvia Day fans will love this holiday themed novella.

No comments:

Post a Comment