Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Review: Temptation's Kiss by Michelle Zink

Written by: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Release Date: December 3, 2012
Series: Shadowguard Series (Book #2)
Source: Purchased
Buy: Exclusive e-novella on amazon

Rating: 5 stars - I loved it, so sweet and so right.

Synopsis: Lily Montgomery is perfectly happy taking care of everyone else. That is, until her friendship with Shadowguard warrior, Kane Dawson, begins to blossom into something more. 

But Lily has a secret. One that will keep her from ever making her feelings known to Kane. 

One of the Shadowguard’s fiercest warriors, Kane has a soft spot for Lily. A long-standing member of the Shadowguard, he can’t figure out when his feelings for Ambrose Montgomery’s youngest daughter morphed from brotherly affection into desire and an unfamiliar longing that feels a lot like love. 

Kane holds himself in check knowing that Lily deserves better. A man in a suit, dinner at six every night, rosy-cheeked children who won’t have to worry that their father might be killed by one of the Legion’s wraiths. 

But when the pair are thrown together by a set of circumstances beyond their control, they are forced to confront their growing passion and decide if love is worth the risk of baring it all.


Kane and Lily -- such a sweet chemistry between them. In Michelle's talented hands the Shadowguard series gets more complex with each e-novella that's released. I loved book 1, Temptation's Heat, but this story had a delicious level of tension that made me keep turning pages. If you heard a happy sigh in that last sentence, you must be reading my mind. Yes, it's that kind of story.

I want to give credit to Michelle's publisher, Swoon Romance, for releasing this one novella at a time. I feel like I'm getting to know the world and the characters in a more detailed way and let's face it in a way that keeps me wanting to read more of the story.

Maybe I need to read more paranormal romance? I'm know I'm looking forward to many more Shadowguard stories.

Another aside re: new cover. Okay, the cover at the top is the one I downloaded when I bought the story in early December. The new cover is on the right. What are your thoughts, GP readers? I think I like the top one better.

No comments:

Post a Comment