Monday, May 27, 2013

OBSESSION by Jennifer L Armentrout, Book Review & Blog Tour


Hello! Welcome today's OBSESSION blog tour! I'm excited to share my fangirly review of OBSESSION with you guys today. After you read this book, you'll know why I'm fangirling over Hunter. 


He’s arrogant, domineering, and… To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something…unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.
Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life…or is it Hunter?

OBSESSION is a book adult fans of Jennifer's YA series will devour! Hello hotness! Who knew the Arum could be so hot, and easy to love? Not me. As soon as Hunter appeared in this book, I knew I was in as much trouble as Serena was. There's no going back after you get to know Hunter.

You know what I love about a book like this? The fact that the author can make me love a group of people I despised in the series this book compliments. If you've read the Lux series you'll know I'm talking about the Arum. I like to refer to them as the Alien police. These guys are ruthless, skilled fighters who hunt down and kill those not abiding by the rules, so to speak. Jennifer did something you unique with this book. She made me see them in a different light, and completely fall in love with one of them, Hunter. I loved being able to see into the Arum world on a completely differently world than I did before, and understand the Arum more. Now let's talk about Hunter.

Remember Daemon from the Lux series? Not that anyone could forget that hot, snarky alien who knows how to get under your skin. Well let's just say Hunter makes him look like a tame kitten. If you know Daemon, you know that's saying something. Holy hotness batman! Hunter is that dark, brooding bad boy you want to run from, as much as you want to get to know a whole lot better. Let's just say he's one Arum you don't want to cross, and he's definitely someone you wouldn't want to run away from either. He's domineering. He's arrogant, and whoa mama when he knows what he wants, he gets it!

This is one sizzling read that has all the right components for a guilty pleasure. Hunter and Serena have that sizzling character chemistry I can't get enough of. Mix that with Serena's snarky comments, and stubborn attitude and you have my kind of book. Oh Serena! I love that girl. It doesn't matter if Hunter could take her out in a heartbeat, this human girl isn't about to let some hot alien tell her what to do. Serena's attitude and comments had me laughing out loud, while Hunter's invade your personal space, and leave you weak in the knees actions had me sighing. Move over Daemon and Kat, Serena & Hunter are a match made in Jennifer Armentrout character heaven.

Speaking of personal space, Hunter and Serena's hot scenes together, yeah, Hunter definitely knows how to make readers and Serena weak in the knees. There are some HOT scenes in this book. I like the way Jennifer writes her sex scenes, because she just writes them, and doesn't throw in all this other fluff some other adult romance books/scenes tend to have in them, that totally kill the entire scene.  She writes her domineering guys in a way that makes them hot, and not guys you'd like to kick between the legs while giving you a piece of their mind. Sure Hunter can be a jerk, but understanding his back ground and the way things go in his world, made it so much easier to understand him. Plus for me, if he was written any other way I wouldn't have liked loved him as much as I did.

The other thing I love about Jennifer's books, and it rings true with Obsession, is a great story line that complicates the relationship. There's plenty of danger, action, and a few open ended events that leave me wishing this book didn't have to end. I seriously hope there will be more to Hunter and Serena's story. Seriously, my book collection is begging for more Hunter and Serena. I devoured in a matter of hours.

Talk about a guilty pleasure, Jennifer Armentrout's new adult/adult books are just that for me. Her books always deliver on the sizzling character chemistry I've become addicted to, snarky character comments I enjoy reading, and of course those domineering male characters you want to despise, yet you can't help falling in love with. Yes, there's something to be said about reading a Jennifer Armentrout book. Whether it's YA, New Adult, or Adult, Jennifer's books will always leave you wanting more.

Be sure to pick this one up when it's out on the 31st of May!


Add it to Goodreads


Buy Links:


About Jennifer L. Armentrout:


# 1 NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing, she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell, Loki.


Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen.


She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.


Where you can find her:


No comments:

Post a Comment