Monday, June 10, 2013

Losing it by Cora Carmack, Book Review


By: Cora Carmack
Published by: William Morrow
Released on: 2/26/13
Series: Losing It #1
Source: book from publisher at BEA
4.5 Stars: I Really Enjoyed It!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.



Now this is a New Adult book and author I'll be recommending! I finally understand all the hype and excitement that surrounds Cora Carmack's books. Losing It was fabulous! Before you roll your eyes over the whole virginity thing, don't go pick up this book thinking you're going to read about a character who will go sleep with anyone just to loss it, because that IS NOT the kind of book you're going to get. Losing It has much more depth to it than that. This is a story about a responsible character who's in her twenties, and is ready to do something she's never done before. In her quest to lose it, she finds that she may not be totally read to take the plunge, nor did she except to find love in the person who meets and connects with.

Bliss Edwards is a character I related to on many levels. She's someone I easily identified with. I remember vividly what it was like to be her age, and how desperately I wanted to crack the mold I made for myself. Not only that, this girl was funny, secure with herself for the most part, and the little insecurities she does have ones I totally identified with, and so real. She was a character I wanted to be friends with, and go hang out with. I loved her right off the bat. She also has this beauty as a character and smarts. With regards to Bliss wanting to lose her virginity, I love that she wasn't reckless, and waited, and when she wasn't ready to follow through on her mission, she didn't follow through. In fact I give huge kudos to Cora for writing Bliss's story the way she did. All too often I feel YA and NA books throw sex around and characters doing it for the first time, just do it, but in Bliss's case she held true to what she valued for herself, and when she felt ready to did it. 

It takes two to tango and Garrick was that oh so sexy British guy who lands the lead role in this operation. What I loved about their relationship was the way it developed. It has it's moments of humor, sensual moments, and moments that made me want to shove the two of them together and tell them to go find a room. They have that instant chemistry that sizzled and smoldered, and though there are things that arise that have them trying to cool things done, there's that fabulous build up of tension, and sexiness that neither of them can deny. Oh man, does Garrick ever kick up the swoon factor. This guy is sexy, and though he has some moves, and the right touch, this guy has manners! Oh yes, he's British, sexy, smart and has manners.... does he have a brother? KIDDING! Seriously, totally kidding. 

Garrick and Bliss's relationship is far from perfect, which is one of the things I loved about it. Though this story is filled with romance, and plenty of sexy scenes, it's also a book with a well written storyline that allowed me to get to know the two leads, and the secondary characters who help make this story what it is. LOSING IT is a well written book that just flows. It's fast paced, exciting, hot, and man once I picked it up there was no putting it down. I quickly became invested with the characters and their story's. I wanted more. Currently there are very few NA books I've read and would highly recommend, and this is definitely one of them! Just know that once you pick it up, you'll be wanting more of Garrick and Bliss's story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment