Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Review: Tempting The Player by J. Lynn


By: J. Lynn
Published by: Entangled / Brazen
Released on: 10/23/12
Series: Gamble Brothers #2
Source: e-book from publisher to review
5 Stars: Loved It!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love


Oh my Gamble Brothers! If you thought Tempting the Best Man was hot, wait till you meet Chad. He gives his brother a run for his money is this steamy sequel! I've not read a J. Lynn book I've not loved. She really knows how to give me it all in one hot little book. She knows how to write steamy, mixes it up with sarcasm, and gives me characters I can't help but fall for. Chad is a character I fell for.

Let me tell you a little bit about Chad. The second oldest Gamble Brother is a someone who's extremely confident in who he is. He's successful in his professional baseball career, he's hot, full of snark, and he's deemed a bad boy. What's not to love about Chat right? There was so much more to him than meets the eye. He puts on this front in the public eye, but privately he's anything but the professional baseball player who supposedly gets around. So when he's told he needs to clean up his act and settle down, things get interesting. Enter the girl who will ruffle his feathers, and brings him to his knees, Bridget.

Bridget is a girl I loved. I loved that she was a real women. Meaning she had curves, wasn't stick thin, and though she might have been a little conscience of her body around Chad (who wouldn't), she never once gripped about her weight, or talked about how she wished she was thinner. Nor was she the kind of girl to order a salad. She knew who she was, and was secure with herself, and I loved that! She's also someone who's dwelt with a lot of crap in her life, but this girl knows what she wants. Well, at times that's Chad and other times maybe not so much.

When these two are throw together to lay to rest Chad's "bad boy ways", the sparks fly, and words are exchanged. WOW, talk about the sexual tension! It rolls off the pages of this book in waves. J. Lynn is the Queen of writing books with sexual tension and plenty of snark, and this book was no different than any of her others.... well I take that back. This is my favorite NA of hers to date. There is A LOT sexy time happening in this book. Chad and Bridget's tension builds up through out the book, and gets explosive in the bedroom. These two compliment each other perfectly. I can only image what the next book will have it in.... I hear it's even better than this one, which will be hard to beat in my opinion.

If you're looking for the next Guilty Pleasures read or just looking to pick up a J Lynn book, GO PICK THIS ONE UP! My only compliment, is that it's not in physical book form! It's only on ebook. I want this book on my shelf.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! How about that ending? Wasn't it the sweetest? And also, Maddie & Chase were hilarious in it, too. I can't wait for the last book. Great review!

    Vi
    AKA Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally loved Chase, but man, Chad even upped him in this book. The ending was so perfect. I'm so glad Maddie and Chase were still in the book as well. I love this series.

      Delete