Thursday, September 19, 2013

Game for Marriage by Karen Erickson, Book Review



Published by: Brazen
Released on: 1/11/13
Source: e-book for review
4 Stars: I Enjoyed It!
Purchase it from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

He’s going in deep to make her his…

Struggling artist Sheridan Harper never imagined she’d spend a sizzling night with Jared Quinn, the smoking-hot star quarterback of her local professional football team, the San Jose Hawks. And she’s even more shocked when Jared’s publicist offers her a proposition: a fake marriage to keep Jared out of the gossip mags. Being that close to Jared would be too tempting, so to protect her heart, she insists on secretly including a clause forbidding sex between them.

Jared just wants to keep his starting QB job and keep it in San Jose. His reputation as a ladies’ man has landed him in the headlines one too many times, but there’s something about his kind, passionate new wife that tempts him beyond reason. Any sort of intimacy between them is completely forbidden, but as their bodies fall in deep, will their hearts follow suit
?


I don't know what it is about the new Brazen line, but I am seriously addicted to their  new adult and adult books. There hasn't been a Brazen title that I didn't enjoy. They all seem to have this perfect blend of sizzling chemistry, snark, and characters I've come to enjoy. With this title, what's not to love about sports and romance? I'm a sucker for a guilty pleasure/romance that's mixed with sports. 


Jared and Sheridan's story was just what I needed when I read it a few months back. Quarterback Jared Quinn would appear to have it all. The looks, the job, and any girl he could want. Okay he also has this stubborn side, and knows how to turn the heat up in a few scenes, going for him too.  He's also not afraid to go after what he wants, which is Sheridan Harper. I love this girl! She's successful, tough, isn't afraid to speak her mind, and doesn't do anything she doesn't want to. This is one tough girl, and I loved her for her strength. The one thing she hadn't been betting on, was Jared Quinn. 


Talking about sizzling chemistry! These two have it. They also have sarcasm, and that character tension that leads to nothing but fireworks in the the bedroom. Yeah, those scenes where hot. Jared and Sheridan also stubborn sides that they had to learn to work through, and it does cause some friction between the two of them, but it isn't anything they don't work out. Of course then there's the marriage proposal, which isn't everything it's cracked up to be when it's all business


I love that Karen made both of her characters strong. Sure they're flawed, but that doesn't take away from the strength they both have. They have passion, romance, and complications, but what relationship doesn't have those. I enjoyed getting to know the characters. I loved the world of football that was thrown into the story via Jared professional career. I also liked that both Jared and Sheridan were characters who worked hard, didn't rely on others to get their jobs done for them, and in getting to know each other more, I loved watching the two of them fall in love. 

 Those that know me, know I'm not a huge NA/A reader, but this year I've read my NA/A books then I have before, and I'm surprised with how much I've enjoyed them for the most part. Brazen has done it again. I've read another title of theirs that seriously had me wishing the book's sequel to read next. My only complaint about the book is that I felt it had some similarities to a book I had read and reviewed right before reading this one, Temping the Player by J. Lynn. Had I not read these two back to back, I think I would have loved this book a little bit more. I was bugged some the similarities too much though. But, I will say over all this is a great book, and one I really enjoyed. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm a total Brazen addict! There have only been a couple that I disliked, but everything else I loved! Sucks that it shared some similarities with Tempting though, but yeah, I try to space these books because they tend to be similar in some aspects, lol. Great review!

    Vi
    AKA Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vi! I LOVE Brazen books! Any time I get anything from them or purchase of theirs I drop everything to read them. It's hard not to. lol

      Delete