Friday, October 18, 2013

Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh, Book Review


Published by: Brazen
Released on: 9.2.13
Source: e-arc from publisher to review
Stars: 4 Stars- I Enjoyed It
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

Competitors by day, lovers by night…
Allegra Wilks has had the worst month of her personal and professional life. To save her company, she must go on her would-be honeymoon and land the luxury eco-island resort’s lucrative advertising account. But when a lingerie mishap leads her into the arms of a wickedly distracting Australian, Allegra’s tempted to skip the trip and explore the most sensual kiss she’s ever experienced. Too bad their chance encounter at the airport is just that. 

Having recently lost his company to his former best friend’s shady business tactics, Jett Alcott is headed to a South Pacific resort to secure an advertising account that will resurrect his reputation and career. Realizing the tantalizing Allegra Wilks is on his flight, Jett envisions a week filled with business and pleasure. But Jett doesn’t know Allegra’s fighting for the same account, or that there’s more at stake than his heart.


I have a Guilty Pleasures weakness, and that's Brazen's line of books. What's not to enjoy about books that have the hot, sizzling character chemistry, snark, and plenty of other things going on. Yes they are sexy times happening in this book, and books that in this line, but I also love that they have character I enjoy reading about, and also have a story line.

Allegra and Jett's first meeting is one no one would forget. It's hilarious. It is the perfect first meeting for the two of them, that leads into some um, high flying hot moments in First Class. Let's just say Jett and Allegra really hit it off.  

Allegra and Jett have some fabulously hot sexual tension, and plenty of character chemistry. Not only can this hot, boy from down under make Allegra weak in the knees with the things he says he wants to do to her, she decides to play the same game. Because what are the odds that the hottie who picked up the trail of lingerie she had no idea she was leaving in the airport was going to be on the same flight as hers. The only bad thing, he knows she's on his flight, and she doesn't. Let's just say flying in First Class was unlike any flying Allegra has done before...... and who knew First Class could be so hot. 

Once on the island things heat up, a lot, and so does trouble. Both characters are competing for the same same account. Here's where things in the story changed for me. I liked how things played out. I loved the Jett put it all on the table and was upfront and honest with Allegra. Allegra up to this point was a fun, sassy character for me, and I loved how she could give it right back to Jett. But, it bothered to know end that she lied. I could list excuses on why, but I won't. Her lying has consequences, as it should have. I just wish she hadn't done that, and stayed as open with Jett as she was with them, given everything else they were doing, I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to talk to him about business. Regardless, I like how everything worked out, and seeing how they two feel in love. 


I can't wait to read more about Jett, and Allegra. I'm looking forward to reading about Allegra's best friend Zoe. This girl is a hoot!  Nicola Marsh's Wicked Heat is a read I enjoyed. She knows how to keep her story hot, fun, and engaging. As I said before, there are plenty of sexy times. Guilty Pleasures readers will enjoy this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment