Monday, November 11, 2013

All The Pretty Lies by M. Leighton, Blog Tour: Guest Post

Hello & welcome to today's All The Pretty Lies blog tour stop! I'm so thrilled to have author M. Leighton on the blog today to talk about some of her favorite reads from this year, and a few she's looking forward to picking up next year. 


The 3 best books I read in 2013


Wow, I read some awesome ones because there are just so many good books out there, but the 3 that stand out to me most right now are:


  1. Before We Fall by Courtney Cole.  This book has it all!  A bad, bad, baaaaaad boy, pain and angst and the most satisfying ending a girl could ask for.  It’s one of those that I cried happy tears and I felt gooey and glowing for days after.  I was fortunate enough to read a pre-pub copy, but you can read it in December.  And you should!  Really.
  2. Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley.  This is the first biker book I’ve read and I fell in love!  I love the family dynamic included in this book.  Kristen is a major talent and one of the very nicest authors I’ve met.  I can see why everyone loves her and her books so much.
  3. The Way You Look Tonight by Bella Andre.  This is the first of her books that I read and now I know what all the fuss is about.  It was a quick read that drew me in, kept me panting and left me happy and satisfied in the end.  I’ll be reading more about the Sullivans!


The 3 books I look forward to in 2014


  1. Does it count if one of them is late 2013?  Because Janet Evanovich is one of my favorites and her next book, Takedown Twenty, is due out in November.  To me, that seems far away.  LOL
  2. Raine Miller also has one coming out in November. It’s a spin-off of her Blackstone books called Cherry Girl.  I fell in love with the cover right away.  Am I failing this quiz miserably?  *sheepish*
  3. Come to Me Quietly by AL Jackson. She’s a fabulous talent and I can’t wait to see what she brings in this series.



ABOUT ALL THE PRETTY LIES

All the Pretty Lies
“Live, no regrets”

Her…
Sloane Locke has led a sheltered life.  However, with a history like hers, she can understand why her brothers and her father want so much to protect her.  She has gone along with it for twenty long years, but those days are over.  For the girl who never makes promises, Sloane has made a pact with herself that things will change on her twenty-first birthday.  So when the clock strikes midnight, Sloane strikes out to spread her wings and break a few rules.

Him…
In addition to inking skin, Hemi Spencer possesses many talents. Controlling himself has never been one of them.  It’s never had to be.  He’s lived a life of indulgence for as long as he can remember.  Right up until tragedy struck.  Now, he’s nothing but controlled. He’s a man on a mission, one who will let nothing and no one stand in his way. 

Them…
Nothing in their lives could’ve prepared Sloane and Hemi for what they’d find in each other—distraction and obsession, love and possession.  But the one thing they can’t find is a future.  Neither one has been totally honest.  And they’ll soon learn that the devil is in the details.  In the details and in the lies.

How far will two people go to live in the now when the now is all they’ve got?

About M. Leighton

M. Leighton is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Wild Ones and The Bad Boys romance trilogies.  She is a native of Ohio, relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she lets her mind wander to romantic settings with sexy Southern guys much like the one she married and the ones you'll find in her latest books.  When her thoughts aren't roaming in that direction, she'll be riding horses, swimming in ponds and experiencing life on a ranch, all without leaving the cozy comfort of her office.  

For more about M. Leighton, visit her website at www.MLeightonBooks.blogspot.com or follow her on Twitter@mleightonbooks.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so, so much for hosting me today! I'm incredibly grateful;) ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete