Friday, January 31, 2014

Fighting For Irish (Fighting For Love #3) by Gina L. Maxwell, Book Review


By: Gina L. Maxwell
Published by: Entangled/Brazen
Released on: 1.13.14
Series: Fighting For Love #3
Source: e-book from publisher to review
Rating: 4 Stars - I Enjoyed It
Purchase from: Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads

Kat MacGregor has forty-eight hours to make good on the debt her ex-boyfriend owes a crime boss. Unfortunately, the measly tips she makes waitressing are barely enough for her to live on, much less cover the twenty-thousand needed to keep her breathing. With time running out, Kat 's forced to accept help from the only man who's ever made her feel fire rather than fear.

When he learns a friend's sister is in trouble, former Boston MMA fighter Aiden "Irish" O'Brien heads to Louisiana to offer himself up as collateral to keep her safe. But to satisfy the debt, he has to do the one thing he swore hed never do again: fight. With more than just money on the line, will Irish have what it takes to not only reclaim the man he once was, but become the man he needs to be for the woman he can't live without?


 Set in the South, Fighting for Irish is a steamy adult romance with the right amount of danger, snark, and that oh sexy character chemistry I've come to excerpt from a Brazen title. My weakness with Entangled books is their romance books that are centered around a sport. Yeah I don't know what it is, but when you mix romance and sports I get all weak in the knees. This steamy romance's sport is MMA. This was the first book I've read with this form of fighting, and it worked great for this story.

Oh Irish! If you love a hard core fighter who has this air of being able to kick anyone's butt, but for the right person they are completely gentle, and sweet, then you'll love Irish. There's more to this guy than his muscular, tattooed body. He loves just as fiercely as he fights. Kat is the lucky lady who's the target of that love. I liked Kat. She's got this I can do it myself, and I don't need a man to take care of me attitude. It's so fun watching her interact with Irish, who's the type of guy who respects women, and doesn't allow anyone to cross the line with Kat, which starts to get to her a bit. Let me just say, these two have a sizzling chemistry like something fierce. Lucky for Kat, Irish is a patient man when he knows what he wants.

Here's the thing about both characters, they have secrets. Kat is guarded for a reason, and Irish didn't just happen to end up in run down part of town Kat is in by accident. Even though I understood why Irish had to deceive Kat, it still stunk when everything came to light in a way he hadn't wanted it to. Kat herself is someone who's past quickly caught up to her, throwing Irish in the middle of something she's been trying to run from for a long time. In the midst of all that goes down, I loved the way these two fell for each other, and how the two of these fought so hard for each other and to be together. Their chemistry is hot. Sure their sexy times heat up the pages, but what I loved reading the most between these two were the tender moments they shared. Those for me are what really made this book.

I liked that Gina created a story with great characters, fabulous secondary characters (Irish's best mate), and a strong back story that fed right into all that happens into this story. I totally get that I hadn't read the first two books in the this, but I didn't find it hard at all to jump in and enjoyed getting to know these two characters. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the first two books in this series. This was my first Gina Maxwell book, and I can't wait to find out what else she has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment