Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Trust In Me by J. Lynn, Book Review


By: J. Lynn
Published by: William Morrow
Released on: November 26th, 2013
Series: Wait For You #1.5
Source: purchased book
Rating: 5 Stars - I Loved It!
Purchase it From: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goo dreads

It's Wait for You as you've never seen it. Trust in Me lets you in on Cam's side of the #1 New York Times bestselling story.

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life--literally--he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam's not ready to give up. He can't get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?


One of my favorite New Adult books is J. Lynn's WAIT FOR YOU (you can read my review here). I loved Cam from the moment Avery smacked right into him. Getting to read all the events that happened in Wait For You from Cam's point of view in this book did not disappoint. In-fact, reading this book made me love Cam's character even more. From understanding his persistence with Avery, finding out what really made him tick, the trust he wanted in his relationship with Avery, his relationship with his family, and friends, and knowing his thoughts and feelings really made this book just as good of a read as Wait For You was. For me, I didn't think that would have been possible.

Leave it up to Jennifer Armentrout to make me swoon all over again. Cam is one of those characters whom is going to be hard to beat when it comes to well written, swoon worthy characters. Really. Sure Cam is hot. He has the right moves, and the looks that could get him any girl he wanted, but, there's more to Cam than that. He's not a character who's egotistical. He has all the traits that make him a fabulous well rounded great guy. I love his honesty with those he has in his inner circle, his loyalty, the relationship he has with this sister and parents, and what he does for Avery. I loved getting to read about his thoughts and feelings about Avery. I saw Cam in a whole new light.

Cam and Avery. These two are perfect together. I love seeing how much Cam was effected by Avery from the moment of their first meeting down to how things end at the end of this book. No matter how trying or frustrating things got, he knew what he wanted with Avery, and he was damn sure he was going to get it. He did all sorts of things to get her to break, and give into him. I mean things that would make you weak in the knees. Reading those from Avery's point of view was great, but knowing the meaning behind those actions from Cam's point of view was just plain hot. This boy takes determination to a whole new level.

I thought Wait for You was swoon worthy, yeah, that book doesn't even compare with the swoon worthy parts of this book. Getting those moments from Cam's point of view was hot.  I loved his nickname for Avery, Shortcake. There were so many little moments I loved getting from his point of view. I swear, there needs to be more characters like Cam. Even with all the swoon, there is some heartbreak. That break up scene, and the scenes when Avery opens up to him, about killed me all over again. Reading these moments from Cam's point of view was worse than reading them from Avery's.  I love that Armentrout gave me all the emotions that made me love these characters from the first moment I read about them. I laughed, I cried, I swooned, and I squealed like a little girl over moments. I swear only Jennifer could write characters that made me love them, and want to smack them all at the same time. lol

The other thing I loved about this book was getting to see more of Cam's relationship with his family. I loved when Cam talked about his family in Wait For You, and scene when Avery met his family. I loved them even more in this book. One of my favorite moments with Cam and his family where when his Dad told him, and that a girl like Avery was worth chasing, and when his mom told him to not give up on her. Then there's the relationship he has with his sister. I loved how protective he was of her, and how that protectiveness played a role in his relationship with Avery.

If you loved Cam in Wait For You, wait till you pick up Trust In Me. TRUST ME, you want to pick up this book!


1 comment:

  1. Trust in me made me love Cam more too! I completely agree about it being more swoon worthy, but I'm glad I read Wait for You first. I really wanted to experience Wait for You for the first time all over again when I finished, so when Trust in Me was the same, but better, I was sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete