Tuesday, February 18, 2014

RUINED by Tracy Wolff, Book Review


By: Tracy Wolff
Published by: Loveswept
Released on: 1.7.14
Series: Ethan Frost
Ratings: 5 Sizzling Stars
Source: e-arc from publisher to review
Purchase it from: Amazon | Barnes and NobleiTunes
Add it to Goodreads

He’s the last man Chloe Girard should love . . . but the first she ever could.

Ethan Frost is a visionary, a genius, every woman’s deepest, darkest fantasy—even mine. And, somehow, I am his.

He stole into my life like a dream. Turned my reality upside down and made my every desire come true—especially those I never knew I had. He demanded everything I had to give and gave me everything of himself in return.

But dreams don’t last forever, and ours is no exception. Because my nightmares are darker, and my wounds deeper, than I could ever reveal. And as much as Ethan wants to protect me, the secrets we we share will only tear us apart.


Two words, ETHAN FROST! I don't even know what else to say. This guy was just..... WOW. Between the wow, and that cliff hanger, I still.... I can't even figure out what to say about this book. Tracy Wolff definitely pulls out all the stops with this book. Between the hotness, the shocking twists, and that killer cliff hanger, I need book two like now. 

Ethan and Chloe have an explosive chemistry. It's hot. From the moment these two met, which I absolutely loved, I knew these two were were in trouble. I mean that in a good way. These two have some seriously awesome back and forth bantering. At times it was down right hilarious. I loved that Chloe holds her own, and isn't afraid to dish it back to Ethan. My favorite moment between these two was their first meeting. Little does the fiery mouthed Chloe realize that the man she's dealing with behind the counter is the president of the new company she's interning for. Things definitely get complicated between these two.

Chloe is a character who has a broken past, and that's part of what drives her to be the successful, and lands her in the position she has now. Chloe is a driven who's worked to hard to get where she's at, and the last thing she needs is the complications of a relationship. Ethan Frost on the other hand, can't get Chloe out of his head. There's nothing that will stop him from getting her. Chloe for me was a character I went back and forth on. I loved her sassiness, and her ability to dish it right back to Ethan. She tries to resist him, but that's a little hard when this man wants her, and knows just how to get her. No matter how hard Chloe tries to resist Ethan, there's no deterring a determined man who knows what he wants, and that's Chloe. My biggest issue with Chloe was inability to trust Ethan. Even after all they do, and talk about, she falls in love with him. She gives him all of her, and yet she doesn't trust him, and that really bothered me. 

Ethan Frost. He is just WOW. I don't even know what else to say about him. His actions, his looks, and his touches with Chloe could literally ignite a fire. This man is on a mission. He knows what he wants, and that's Chloe. He'll stop at nothing till her gets her. Luckily Ethan is a very patient man. Chloe is someone who doesn't fall easily for wooing. Once he starts to break down her walls, and she starts to slowing open to him, there's no stopping the sparks that fly between the two. Ethan makes is hard for Chloe to form a coherent thought when he has her in his arms, and in his bed. I loved his not taking no for answer from Chloe. He saw right through her walls, and her reasoning for saying no. It was impossible for me to not fall for him.

Talk about the feelings. This book made me feel every single broken emotion these two had. Both characters have complicated, and broken pasts. Part of what makes these two work together is their ability to break down the barriers they've so carefully crafted. It's painful when the layers start to unravel, but at the same time it brings these two closer together. They fight for each other, and want to protect one another. Sometimes that isn't even enough. 

Tracy does a fabulous job at drawing the reader into her story emotionally. Every little moment, and emotion was explored, and explained. She gave me these incredible moments between Ethan and Chloe vs telling me about what was happening between them. I love it when an author does that. She doesn't rush anything. The sexy times are hot, the emotional times are heart wrenching, and the banter between Chloe and Ethan is hilarious. This book definitely has it all! It's become my favorite of Tracy's new adult / adult books. 

Just as things are heating up, and pasts things are being revealed, Tracy Wolff drops the biggest cliff hanger ever! Gah, she literally shocked me with that killer of a cliff hanger. I swear I'm ruined now, and I need book two asap so I can pull myself together. Seriously. If you're looking for a hot read, with a sweet romance, twists, and is an all around awesome read, definitely pick up RUINED. 

No comments:

Post a Comment