Wednesday, May 7, 2014

TEASE by Sophie Jordan, Book Review


By: Sophie Jordan
Published by: William Morrow Books
To Be Released on: May 27th, 2014
Series: The Ivy Chronicles #2
Rating: 5 Stars - I Loved It!
Pre-Order it from: Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads

What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her?

A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules:

Never let them see the real you.
Never fall in love.
Always leave them begging for more.

Then Shaw comes along. A hottie from the wrong side of the tracks, he's immune to her flirtatious banter and come-hither smile. After rescuing her from a disastrous night at a biker bar, he doesn't even try to take her to bed—he calls her a tease and sends her home instead. Unable to resist a challenge, or forget the sexy, dark-eyed, bad-boy biker, she vows to bring him to his knees.

But instead of making Shaw beg, Emerson finds herself craving him. For the first time in her life, she's throwing out her rule book. Suddenly, she's the one panting for a guy she can't control—a guy who won't settle for anything less than the real Emerson and who forces her to do things she's never imagined, including facing a past she thought she'd buried.

A guy who just might leave her wanting more. . . 

A must read! Sophie Jordan has delivered another fabulous addition to her Ivy Chronicles series.

Oh my Shaw! I honestly have no idea how Sophie is going to top Shaw. Wow! This guy knows how to ignite the pages, and boy does he ever. He has that sweet southern charm that lures you in, and keeps you wanting more. His rugged biker boy looks let you know he can be anything but behind closed doors. Trust me, he will make you melt and having you swooning all at the same time.

I absolutely loved Shaw. He completely stole the show for me in this book. There's so much more to him that swoon-sex appeal he has going on in this book. He's that smart, patient (extremely patient), guy who sees more than he lets on, and unnerves the feisty Emerson. In the process of swooning her of her feet, he totally swept me off mine. He's one of those characters that who made it so easy to love him. My heart broke for him on more than on occasion, but once Emerson gets under his skin, I knew he was going to be fine.

Emerson on the other is someone who gets completely unnerved and stripped bare by Shaw. Normally the one calling the shots, this feisty pants girl isn't someone who lets people in, nor does she allow anyone to see the real her. That is until Shaw enters her life. He is the only one who who has broken down her defenses, and truly sees her. I liked seeing how quickly Shaw turns Emerson's need for control upside down. I have a feeling if I was in her shoes, I would have felt the same way she did, extremely vulnerable.

Where Shaw is easy to get, Emerson was someone I went back and forth on. There were moments I admired her, and other times I felt so bad for her with all the crap she's and to deal with. I ended up understanding her, and the decisions she made, even if at times I felt she was making bad ones. Those were those moments I literally wanted to smack her upside the head, and tell her to wake up, deal with it, and learn to move on with what she has right in front of her. Like Shaw, Emerson's life hasn't been all that easy, and her complex past royally screws up her future, or so she thinks. Once their lives become entangled together, there is no way either of them can walk away.

In the Ivy Chronicles series true fashion, Sophie Jordan doesn't make it easy for characters, and in the process of unnerving them, she peels back their defensives, and layers little by little, allowing me to emotionally connect with them. I loved feeling as though I was really getting to know her characters. Shaw and Emerson have an electrify chemistry. I enjoyed seeing them along side Pepper and Reece, as well as some other familiar characters in this series. Tease is definitely a must reads for fans of the Ivy Chronicles series. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book, which comes out later this fall!

*Stop back by the blog next week to check out the TEASE book trailer!

*This book is for those 18 yrs & older. There is sexual context and some language.

No comments:

Post a Comment