Friday, March 6, 2015

Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren, Book Review


Written by: Christina Lauren
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: November 4, 2014
Series: Wild Seasons (book #2)
Source: Purchased


Rating: 5 out of 5 sexy stars

From the New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player, Book Two of the brand-new Wild Seasons series that started with Sweet Filthy Boy—a story of friends, love, and lust.

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by the Want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs.
 

All I have to say is that Christina and Lauren did it again. They made me fall in love with their characters once more. In Dirty Rowdy Thing we find Harlow and Finn, the always feisty duo, doing what they do best–trying to outsnark and avoid each other. But chemistry is chemistry and some things cannot be stopped. Thank Heavens.

I’m going to do a little aside here and address my area of comfort, or discomfort, when reading NA/adult (i.e. not YA) romances. Finn is a fisherman and he has a penchant for, well, knotty things (See what I did there? He's a fisherman who knows his way around ropes and knots?). In case you missed my subtle hints, there's a little bit of tying up. Okay, am I getting blushy? Yes, I am. Is this something that made me feel a little uncomfortable? I’m not going to lie, it did. *lights up giant marquee sign* BUT, it didn’t stop me from finishing the story. Why, you ask? Because Christina and Lauren can write. Boy oh boy, can they write a story that explains it all. It explains the layer of family ties (sorry, I promise to stop the metaphor) around both Harlow and Finn. And these ties are layered and deep. They also explain the personal struggle that has brought Harlow and Finn to decisions that will affect their relationship.

Now on to the more important things – that chemistry I mentioned, there are pages of it! The pacing of this story is page-turner perfect. I guarantee that you will flip pages until you have the most important question of them all answered – will they or won’t they allow themselves to fall in love.

I continue to love this series and I am so looking forward to the third installment, Dark Wild Night, because Lola and Oliver are my favorite pairing of all. Who doesn’t love awkward geeks who can’t seem to figure it out? The release date is September 15th. This is going to be one looooooong summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment