Thursday, March 26, 2015

FALL WITH ME by Jennifer L. Armentrout; Book Review

By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by: Avon Books
To Be Released On: 3/31/15
Series: Wait for You #4
Rating: 4.5 stars - I Really Enjoyed This One!
Source: book from publisher to review, in exchange for my honest review
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes and Noble |  iBooks | Kobo
Add it to Goodreads

Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice.

Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already.

But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.

FALL WITH ME is another fabulous Jennifer L. Armentrout book to fall in love with. 

Fall With Me has a wonderful cast of characters. Jennifer has a way of writing her characters. With each book in this series, I feel like I'm getting to know people rather than just characters on a page. The characters in Fall With Me were no different. They are characters I've come to really care about, and love. I liked seeing all my previous favorite characters back together again, even if it is only for brief moments. Their presences, like with the rest of the series, are present through out the book. I liked seeing them interact even more within this story. 

I totally fell in love with Reece. Oh he is an alpha male who makes wearing a cop uniform hot. Not that cop uniforms aren't hot, but Reece, well he makes it a whole new kind of hot. What I loved about Reece is he's more than just looks. Reece is that all around great guy you can't help but fall in love with. He's far from perfect, he's flawed, and his own demons he's dealing with. He's also strong, and unwavering, especially when it comes to Roxy. He is a patient guy, and he goes after what he wants, which is Roxy.  I love how he treats Roxy. I love how devoted, and patient he is with her, which he has to be, because Roxy isn't so easily swayed, despite her feelings for him. The history they have together fuels the steam factor in this book. It also makes for some great laugh out loud moments, when Roxy's mom makes comments about the two of them together. Roxy and Reece's mothers are close friends, and let's just say they full approve of this relationship. 

Roxy is a fun character whom I enjoyed getting to reading about. I wish I could say I can rock the glasses look like she can. And, I totally want Roxy to go shopping with me, because I want her awesome t-shirts. She wears shirts with sayings on them, that I would totally wear. Roxy has this vibe about it that I loved. She's artistic, loyal, devoted, and fiercely protective of her friends, and those she cares about. Roxy is also in place that holds her back. That place is not so much of wear she's living, vs her being trapped by something she has to learn to let go of, move on from, and forgive herself of. I emotionally connected with her in her journey of learning to let go. I like Roxy, but there's a few things that I got annoyed with, with her. It's a good think I liked reading this story, and I liked Roxy, flaws and all, because he pushing Reece away as much as she did got really old, really fast, to the point it was annoying. Thankfully Reece is a take charge guy, and isn't someone who gets pushed away so easily. The other thing that I had an issue with has to do with some crazy things that were going on, the Roxy didn't speak up about. Especially with how dangerous the situation got to.

True to Jennifer's books, the romance in this book is hot! I love the history Reece and and Roxy have. It boils over to this steamy chemistry that ignites the scenes when they're around each other. I'm talking before anything even happens. So yeah, when they're together... *fans self* it gets hot really quick. I love the steamy romance, and the passion between the two of them, but I also love the little things. One of my favorite moments had to do with Reece getting some paints, and a few things that meant a lot to Roxy. As in he knew what these things meant, and it meant a lot to her that he knew that. Gah, okay this isn't making sense, but you'll know what I'm talking about when you read the scene. I can't go into further detail without spoiling something. Reece and Roxy's romance is sizzling, addictive, and hot. It's fantastic!

Jennifer proved she doesn't just know how to write a sweltering romance, she knows how to write suspense as well. Holy crap, the creep factor was in full creep mode in this book. The events that were happening were unpredictable, but it didn't take me long to have my suspects narrowed down. I ended up being right about who was behind all the crazy that was going down. I mean crazy as in it made me a little jumpy thinking about all that was going on to Roxy. When you read about the creepy stuff, you'll know what I was annoyed with how Roxy handled those scenes. Now, with the creepy going on, I loved how protective the guys were of Roxy. This goes beyond just Reece, though Reece was definitely the sexy, protective alpha in this book. He also showed a great deal of restraint when it came down to it. That's saying something without giving anything away. 

For as much as I LOVE Jennifer's books (I've read all of them), adore her characters, and loved this book, there is something that bothered me a bit this time around. I love Jennifer's writing style. Whether it's YA, NA or Adult, I, for the most part I know what I'll get when I read her books, and I love that. However, this time around I got annoyed with the pop culture references in this book (which are not a lot), and some repetitiveness with one-liners that her other books also have. I'm bothered that this bugged me. I'm going to chalk this up to the amount of books I read, and the fact that I recently re-read one of Jennifer's books prior to reading this one, so these things stood out to me more. It didn't take anything away from the story, and I actually wish this was something that didn't stand out to me, but it did.

Over all, FALL WITH ME is another fantastic  Jennifer L. Armentrout book that will have her fans falling in love with Reece and Roxy. True to the other books in this series, I loved the way the story wrapped up, but also left me wanting me so much. I'm addicted to this series! While many things are answered in this book, there are still a few things I'm looking forward to finding out more about in the next book, like what some of Reece's demons are. Jennifer Armentrout knows how to hook her readers. I can not wait to get my hands on the next book. Judging with by the way this book ended, it's going to be fabulous! Which all of Jennifer's books are. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am DYING to read this book! Only 5 more days... Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you love Reece and Roxy! They are such a fabulous couple to get to know. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved that creep factor in this one! She's a master at whatever she writes. Her suspense just as good as her hot romance. Glad you enjoyed despite the pop culture references. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creep factor made my skin crawl. It was so good. I totally agree, her romance and suspense are awesome.

      Delete
  3. Lol, yes! This! Can you believe I griped about the same thing?! As much as I love and adore JLA, and you know I do, I was def put off by all those references and one-liners. It's in all of her books and it just gets so played out after awhile. And then I think, people don't really say that all the time now. And too many of her characters say it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me feel so much better! It bugged me that these things bothered me, but they did. I couldn't not mention it. That's what kept it from being a 5 star book. I imagine if I was an author I would do the same thing. I bet it's so hard keeping up with everything with each of her books. I'm glad it wasn't just me who felt that way. You're right, it's in each of her books and right now it's a little too played out. I think it's not as bad when I space out my reading of her books, because reading two of her books back to back made it stand out even more so.

      Delete