Hello and welcome to today's blog tour stop for MISTLETOE and MR. RIGHT. I'm thrilled to share today's guest post from author Lyla Payne, which is a list of 12 gifts from Mr. Right! Also featured in today's post is a giveaway! Be sure to enter to win at the end of this post.
Top 12 gifts you’d like from Mr. Right
Gifts! Who doesn’t love gifts – there’s nothing like receiving OR giving one you know is going to be so perfect. Here’s a list of things I’d love love love to get from my own fella (who is, of course, Mr. Right!).
- Travel: I love to travel. Any gift that included plane tickets, an itinerary, hotel costs, etc would make me squeal with joy.
- Time with Friends: Yes, it’s a gift from Mr. Right, but sometimes a girl just needs time with her friends! I would love a gift that included time and/or money for a girl’s trip or girl’s night out!
- Time together: Time is, of course, a most precious commodity. With everyone’s schedules and deadlines and the little mundane, everyday things that sweep us up, a gift that means he’s thinking of how the two of you can be a priority. <3
- Something I mentioned in passing: I adore opening presents that come as a complete surprise because I mentioned once, six months ago, that I’d like something similar. Nothing says love more than a person who listens and remembers to all of the little things you say.
- Books: Duh. Books make the best gifts – they’re whole worlds and new friends that fit on your lap.
- Dresses: I’m obsessed. I already have a whole closet full of them, but a true Mr. Right knows there’s always room for more of my favorites!
- Acts of Service: This is my love language, and I love gifts that show that he knows how to make me feel loved – cooking meals, helping around the house, offering to run errands, et al.
- Something I would never buy myself: For me, this would be jewelry. Since my Mr. Right is a geologist, he loves gemstones and precious metals, and he knows a lot about them! These sorts of gifts, that represent him in a way that means the gift could never have come from anyone else, are near and dear to my heart.
- The newest Apple gadget: I am an Apple junkie, but with a laptop, iPhone, and iPad, sometimes I can’t justify the next big thing. Like the Apple Watch…. hint hint
- A clean car: I am the worst about keeping my car clean, inside and out, and even though I’m a rabid feminist, there are some things I love when a guy takes care of for me. Taking care of my car is one of them, whether he does it himself or takes it in for some much-needed TLC.
- Things off my list: It sounds silly, but we make lists for a reason! I love getting something I really really wanted – enough to write it down for someone – and had denied buying for myself until after Christmas.
- A coupon book: You know, one of those cheesy “here’s what I’ll do for you” books of coupons that you used to make your sister as a kid because you didn’t want to buy her anything? I like them because they’re good for weeks or months, and it goes back to that whole mundane, everyday life thing…it means recognizing the day-to-day things that might make you happy in the days and weeks to come.
I guess it turns out that I’m kind of practical (boring), but hey…I guess I’ll own it. Happy Holidays, and I hope you get everything your heart desires from a Mr. Right of your owna Rafflecopter giveaway
ABOUT THE BOOK
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lyla Payne is the USA Today bestselling author of the Whitman University series, the Lowcountry Ghost books, and the holiday novella Mistletoe and Mr. Right. She graduated from Texas Christian University with a degree in film but no desire to tackle Hollywood, and made it through three quarters of an M.A. in ancient history before writing took over. She lives in the Midwest with her two dogs, two cats, and the characters in her head. Find her online at lylapayne.com and on Twitter: @Lyla_Payne.
ENTER TO WIN
ABOUT THE BOOK
In Mistletoe and Mr Right, Jessica takes a flying leap and follows her boyfriend home for the holidays for Christmas break, sure that Ireland will provide the perfect backdrop to the beginning of their happily ever after. But it turns out his family – and his gorgeous ex-girlfriend – don’t feel the same way, and the only person making the trip worthwhile is a hot local, who has a way of showing up when Jessica needs him most ... and least.
The holiday high jinks continue in Sleigh Bells and Second Chances, when Jessica’s best friend makes her own way across the pond! Christina Lake does not want to be away at Christmas, but she has an intern job as publicist for London’s hottest band at their last-minute concert on Christmas Eve ... even though she had a fling with Cary, the band’s lead singer, that never officially ended. Now forced to reconnect, Christina is starting to think that maybe London is exactly where she’s supposed to be to get the perfect New Year’s kiss – at least until she finds out that he’s been lying the whole time. Can Cary find a way to prove himself before the clock strikes twelve? Or will the New Year ring in a new romance?
Lyla Payne wraps up two perfect holiday novellas, ties them with a ribbon of romance, and tops them with a light dusting of snow. Perfect to curl up with under the tree. Just add hot cocoa!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ENTER TO WIN
Follow The Tour
12/4: Fiction Fare - Review
12/10: Book Scents - Review
12/11: Stuck in Books - Top 10
12/13: Paperback Princess - Top 10